SikaBond® 101 Contact Adhesive
SikaBond®-101 Contact Adhesive is a universal multi-purpose component air drying Polychloroprene rubber based adhesive.
It has a very broad adhesion range and gives an strong and lasting bond. Suitable substrates are wood, wood laminates, MDF laminates, rubber sheets and metal sheets.
It is suitable for bonding porous substrates like foam, carpets, canvas. Can be used in automotive decoration repairs, upholstery works, furniture, leather and foot wear industries and DIY use.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil, greaseand dust.
- The adhesive generally is applied with suitable rollcoater,toothcomb or brush. Both surfaces should becoated.
- Wait until touch dry (normally 10-20 min) dependingon drying conditions, then bring the materials togetherwith strong even pressure.
- If the material is porous, apply a second coat of Sika-Bond®-101 Contact Adhesive and let it dry.
- Care must be taken to avoid the formation of adhesivepools on the bonding surfaces.
- Entrapped solventcauses weak bond.Once the container is opened, the material must beused up in a short time.
Uncured SikaBond®-101 Contact Adhesive may be removedfrom tools and equipment with carbon typesolvent only. Once cured, the material can only be removedmechanically.
- No added Toluene & Hexane
- One-component adhesive
- Broad adhesion range
- Easy to apply
- High initial strength
- Good resistants against aging
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compound
For any inquiries or questions, please fill out the form and contact Sika UAE